As human beings, we are wired for stories. What sets us apart from all other creatures on earth is our innate ability – no, NEED – to use stories to connect information and make it real.
We started telling stories through imagery over 36,000 years ago. It was more than 32,000 years later that the first written word was invented. We've had 32,000 more years of practice processing imagery, so its not all that surprising that the human brain can process visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
Tell a story through visuals, and you will be transformed
from a humdrum messenger to a slayer that kicks ass and takes names.
And no, you don't have to be a world class artist to be a world class visual storyteller!
In this workshop we explore the power of visual storytelling and discover how to harness that power to drive impact. Together we:
- Discover examples of powerful visual storytelling and discuss what makes them effective
- Explore the elements of a visual story that make it compelling
- Discuss when visual storytelling is the right or wrong tool to use for impact
- Create our own visual stories
- Experiment with using visual elements to enhance written or oral storytelling
Each participant leaves the workshop with a new set skills as a visual storyteller and a framework to follow to enhance all kinds of stories with visualizations.